We advise all regular and new participants to read our terms and conditions before purchasing tickets or other items via our website.
By making a purchase or attending an event you agree to these terms and conditions in full.
GENERAL TERMS AND AGREEMENTS
• The decision of Neothera Saga UK LARP staff is final in all disputes.
• Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserves the right to bar entry to any person from any of our events. Neothera Saga UK LARP is not obliged to give a reason why. This rule also applies if the staff feel you are not fit to take part in an event for medical reasons, or partake in an event if you have not informed the staff in advance of any medical conditions, become too drunk to safely take part in an event or are believed to be under the influence of illegal substances.
• All new participants (players or crew, regardless of previous LARP experience) attending a Neothera Saga UK LARP event will be required to undertake a weapons and safety competency briefing before being allowed to take part in a game.
• Neothera Saga UK LARP accepts no responsibility for physical or psychological injuries obtained by any participants involved in our events. By purchasing a player ticket, or signing up as a crew member you automatically agree to these terms.
• Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserve the right to eject participants from events who are deemed to be endangering people or property, or causing other participants significant distress. Full or partial ticket refunds will not be given if you are asked to leave an event site for any of these reasons.
• Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserve the right to confiscate weapons, props or other equipment from those who have been warned about safe usage but have failed to heed the warning of the game staff. Confiscated weapons will be safely stored and returned to you (if they are your property) at the end of an event.
• Participants that knowingly or continuously (or in the opinion of the game staff) cause damage to Neothera Saga UK LARP's property, the event site and its facilities, other participants personal property, or cause concern for the physical or mental safety/well-being of other participants, will be asked to leave an event site and potentially banned from attending future Neothera Saga UK LARP events. Full or partial ticket refunds will not be given if you are asked to leave an event site for any of these reasons.
• Neothera Saga UK LARP will inform the relevant authorities if anybody is found doing anything illegal (under UK law) at an event site.
• Neothera Saga UK LARP will not be held responsible for any damages, theft or loss of property that may occur as a result of attending an event or bringing personal items to an event site.
• Neothera Saga UK LARP reserves the right to alter any event plot or game rules without prior notice. In the event of such a decision, Neothera Saga UK LARP will attempt to notify people as soon as possible via our Facebook community group and/or Discord server.
• All minors (14 and under) must be supervised at all times by an accompanying adult (a friend, guardian or relative that is 18+), who must also be either playing or crewing the event (unless arranged before an event start date by the game staff). Please be aware that if you fail to supervisor a minor at all times, the staff reserve the right to ask you (and the minor) to leave the event site. In this instance, a full or partial refund for tickets purchased will not be issued. It should be noted that Neothera Saga UK LARP is not aimed at a young audience, and as such we will not alter or censor plot, language, props/costume or potentially disturbing in-character (IC) occurrences (such as gore, bad language, violence and adult subject matter etc.) with a view that minors will be attending a game.
• By attending a Neothera Saga UK LARP event you agree to be filmed or photographed, and for any images, videos or audio of you to be used in promotional material produced from these films or photographs by Neothera Saga UK LARP, or any other companies authorised to attend our events with a view to producing media captured at our games to be placed in public or private domains.
• Where applicable, Neothera Saga UK LARP reserves the right to ask any photographers or filmmakers producing work derived from our events to include our watermark on their work. Neothera Saga UK LARP shall also be allowed to review all images/footage before being placed in the public domain. Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserve the right to decline the use of images, video footage or audio (or ask that it is removed from the public domain) that does not suit the system or portrays it negatively. You will be credited for any photographs or video that is used in official Neothera Saga UK LARP material after the staff have reviewed and authorised its use.
• Only official videographers or photographers may take photographs, film or record audio at our events. By attending a Neothera UK LARP event you agree to these terms. If you take photographs, film video and/or record audio without the consent of Neothera Saga UK LARP staff at any of our events you will be asked to leave the event site, and partial or full ticket refunds will not be given if you break these terms.
• Neothera Saga UK LARP reserves the right to ask participants not to take part in a game if they are not wearing suitable in-character (IC) or safe costume. If you wish to attend an event and do not have a costume, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can make arrangements to lend or hire out equipment for you. Please also see 'Weapons and Costume Hire' below.
• If you are not taking part in an event as a player or crew member you are not allowed into any in-character (IC) areas of the event site for insurance purposes unless agreed beforehand by Neothera Saga UK LARP staff.
• If you purchase a ticket via our website or on the gate and are not able to attend the event for its full duration for any circumstances, you will not be issued with a full or partial refund.
• You will be refunded your full ticket cost should Neothera Saga UK LARP cancel an event, or alter an event date resulting in you no longer being able to attend.
• All refunds will be processed within a maximum of 42 days.
WEAPONS AND COSTUME HIRE
FOR CREW: Weapons and costume will always be supplied for free by the club for crew to use.
WEAPONS / SHIELDS / COSTUME: As a player, you may borrow one weapon and a shield (if required and available) for free at your first event. A non-refundable fee of £5 must be paid (per weapon and shield) if you need to borrow gear for further events you attend. This is for the upkeep and repair costs of our equipment and NOT for-profit purposes. This must be paid in cash on the day on top of your ticket price. We do not loan ranged weapons of any type to any players. Items of costume or armour may be borrowed for free at your first event (if you are playing), however further items of costume/armour must be hired for a small fee (as advised by game staff when you contact us about kit loans) if you need to borrow it at further games. All costume and weapons are loaned/hired on a first-come-first-served basis. You should contact us as soon as possible if you need to borrow/hire anything from the club. Should you require information on where to purchase your own LARP weapons please refer to the Equipment Suppliers page on this website.
TICKET/ITEM PURCHASE TERMS AND AGREEMENTS FOR EVENTS
AND ONLINE SHOP
By purchasing an event ticket (or attending a Neothera Saga UK LARP event as a player, crewmember or guest) you agree to all terms and conditions set by Neothera Saga UK LARP.
Refund requests for player tickets for a weekend event will only be accepted a minimum of 42 days before an event. All refunds are subject to a £5 admin fee and the transaction costs implemented by our payment support providers of 2.9% of the ticket cost plus a flat fee of 50p per transaction. All refunds will be processed within 42 days. Single-day adventure player tickets or tickets purchased as part of a special offer are non-refundable or transferable unless Neothera Saga UK LARP changes an event date meaning you can no longer attend. By purchasing a ticket you agree to these terms in full.
All requests for refunds must be emailed to by the person that placed the order. We will not accept requests for refunds or cancellations via any other means.
All items for sale on our online shop (including event tickets) include a fee to our payment providers, STRIPE and PayPal. These fees are 2.9% of the item/ticket cost plus a flat fee of 50p per transaction.
All non-ticket items available in our online shop are hand-painted and made to order; therefore we will not accept returns unless the product is faulty upon delivery. All faulty items must be returned to us in person or via recorded delivery (payable by you) in order to receive a refund. All products are fully tested and ensured to be in working order upon being dispatched to you.