TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking a free crew ticket, purchasing a player ticket, or being invited to attend for free as a guest, photographer, filmmaker, assistant etc., you agree to our full list of terms and conditions as stated below.
1) Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserves the right to bar entry to any person to any of our events or deny/remove access to any of our online social platforms. Although we will endeavour to do so, Neothera Saga UK LARP is not obliged to give a reason why.
2) Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserves the right to bar entry to any person to any of our events if the staff feel you are not fit to take part in an event for medical reasons, or if you have not informed us in advance of any known medical conditions that might affect your participation or the participation of others. We also reserve the right to bar any person from attending a future event if they did not previously inform us of a known medical condition that the staff feels drastically affected their own or others participation at a previous event.
3) Refund requests (for player tickets for weekend events) will only be accepted a minimum of 60 days before an event starts. All refunds are subject to a £20 admin fee, which includes the non-refundable transaction costs implemented by our payment support provider. Requests for refunds (as agreed by the staff) will be processed within 60 days of your initial request and must be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by the person that purchased the ticket.
4) Single-day adventure player tickets are non-refundable unless Neothera Saga UK LARP cancels the single-day adventure or changes the event date meaning you can no longer attend it. If this is the case, the person that purchased the ticket must email us at email@example.com to request a full refund. This will be issued within 60 days of the request.
5) If Neothera Saga UK LARP cancels an event or changes an event date (for which you have already purchased a ticket) you must contact us via email to let us know which of our future events you wish to attend instead (your ticket will be transferred). If you cannot attend any future events, the person that purchased the ticket must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a full refund. This will be issued within 60 days of the request.
6) Should an event be stopped part-way through its duration (for reasons outside the control of Neothera Saga UK LARP), full or partial refunds will not be given.
7) All requests for refunds must be emailed to email@example.com by the person that purchased the ticket. For security and data protection purposes, we will not accept refund requests, ticket transfers or cancellations via any other means (this includes direct or private messages to staff members via social media platforms).
8) If you purchase an event ticket and cannot, or do not wish to attend the event for its duration due to any circumstances outside of the control of Neothera Saga UK LARP, you will not be issued a full or partial refund. If this would result in others accompanying you having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased by them will not be issued.
9) Neothera Saga UK LARP will not be held responsible for any damages, theft or loss of property that occurs as a result of attending an event or bringing personal items to a private or public event site.
10) Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserve the right to eject participants from events (and issue a temporary or permanent ban) whom we deem to be physically endangering people, damaging property or ignoring health and safety rules. If this results in you or any others accompanying you also having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased will not be issued.
11) Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserve the right to eject participants from events (and issue a temporary or permanent ban) whom we deem to be deliberately causing distress to others. This includes but is not limited to ageism, bullying, racism, defamation, and harassment (psychological, physical or sexual). If this would result in you or any others accompanying you also having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased will not be issued.
12) We reserve the right to issue a temporary or permanent ban (from any of our future events or social media platforms) to those whom we believe will or are causing distress to others or bringing ill repute upon the Neothera Saga UK LARP system. This includes but is not limited to ageism, bullying, racism, defamation and harassment.
13) Crew must be at least 16 years old to take part in our events, and players must be 14 or over (unless with the prior agreement of a staff member). Anyone under 18 must always be accompanied by a guardian who is 18 or older. One adult can be responsible for up to four minors. We must be informed in advance (via email) whom the guardian of the minor/s is, providing a name, address, email and contact telephone number. A guardian must supervise a minor at all times and ensure they are present for the duration of the event the minor is attending. Please be aware that if a guardian fails to supervise a minor at all times, the staff reserve the right to ask them (and the minor/s) to leave the event site. If this would result in you or any others accompanying you also having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased will not be issued. Be aware that Neothera Saga UK LARP is not aimed at a young audience. As such, we will not alter or censor potentially disturbing in-character (IC) occurrences (such as gore, foul language, violence and adult subject matter etc.) with a view that minors will be attending a game. By allowing a minor to attend an event, their guardian understands and agrees to our full terms and conditions.
14) All new participants (players or crew, regardless of previous LARP experience) attending a Neothera Saga UK LARP event may be required to undertake a weapons and safety competency briefing before being allowed to take part in a game. You must ensure you arrive early enough for the staff to issue this briefing. We reserve the right to prevent participants from taking part in an event, and not allow them into in-character (IC) areas if they fail to attend the briefing.
15) Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserve the right to confiscate equipment from those who have been warned about safe usage but have failed to heed the warnings of the game staff. Additionally, we can confiscate personal equipment without prior warning if we feel it risks your safety, the safety of others, or the infrastructure of the event site and its contents. Confiscated equipment will be safely stored and returned to you (if they are your property) at the end of an event.
16) Neothera Saga UK LARP accepts no responsibility for physical or psychological injuries obtained by any participants involved in our events unless we consider them caused by our negligence.
17) All participants must bring sources of light (ideally falling into the in-character (IC) category) to navigate dark areas of an event site. You agree that injuries sustained by not following this rule are not the result of negligence on the part of Neothera Saga UK LARP staff or the event site owners.
18) Neothera Saga UK LARP may refuse access to in-character (IC) areas of an event site if attendees are not wearing suitable in-character (IC) or safe costumes. You must refer to the SINGLE DAY ADVENTURES and WEEKEND EVENTS guide (on this website) and the Lore Compendium (available to download from the RULES & LORE page of this website) for advice on what equipment and clothing/costume is allowed at our events. If you wish to attend an event and do not have a costume, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can arrange to lend or hire out equipment for you. The crew will be given costumes to wear (free of charge) at events, although they must supply appropriate base layers themselves.
19) All sharps (such as knives for preparing food) are strictly forbidden from in-character (IC) areas when not being used to prepare food or to eat. If you are cooking and eating IC, you are permitted to bring sharps into the IC areas for this purpose only and MUST inform a staff member that you are doing so. When you have finished using them, they must be stored in an out-of-character (OOC) area.
20) Vehicles must not be parked or driven in in-character (IC) areas of an event site whilst a game is in progress (TIME IN has been called) unless with permission from Neothera Saga UK LARP staff.
21) Please be aware our event sites do not have refuse facilities; therefore, you are personally responsible for removing any rubbish you create from an event site. Failure to do so may result in you being banned from attending future events. Neothera Saga UK LARP staff will endeavour to provide you with refuse sacks; however, you should make an effort to supply our own where possible.
22) Those not taking part in an event as a player or crew member, official photographer or filmmaker, unless agreed beforehand by Neothera Saga UK LARP staff, are not allowed into any in-character (IC) areas of the event site for health and safety and safeguarding reasons. Anyone breaking this rule will be asked to leave the event site.
23) Alcohol is permitted (in moderation) at our weekend events and banned from single-day adventures. Neothera Saga UK LARP staff reserve the right to ask you to leave in-character (IC) areas of the event site if we deem you to be too inebriated to safely participate in an event. You may also be asked to leave the event site if we believe that you pose a risk to the safety and well-being of other participants, site property, or other people's personal property. In such instances where a participant is asked to vacate the event site, we will work with them to ensure transportation is arranged (if required) to safely take them home. However, we will not cover the costs of any transportation required. If this would result in you or any others accompanying you also having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased will not be issued.
24) Those under the influence of legal highs or banned substances under UK law (including possession of them) at an event will immediately be asked to leave the event site. The police can also be informed. In such instances where a participant is intoxicated and required to vacate the event site, we will work to ensure transportation is arranged (if required) to safely take them home. However, we will not cover the costs of any transportation required. If this would result in you or any others accompanying you also having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased will not be issued.
25) Neothera Saga UK LARP will immediately inform the relevant authorities if anybody is doing anything illegal (under UK law) at an event site. We reserve the right to eject participants found to be doing so. If this would result in you or any others accompanying you also having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased will not be issued.
26) By attending a Neothera Saga UK LARP event, you agree to be filmed, photographed or featured in livestreams made by our official photographers and filmmakers. You also agree that any images, photos, videos or audio recordings of you can be modified and/or used by Neothera Saga UK LARP, or other authorised companies or individuals, in promotional material produced from these films or photographs in public or private domains. If you do not wish to be featured in any photographs, film, audio recordings or livestreams, you must notify the staff as soon as you arrive at an event (or ideally in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can ensure measures are taken to exclude you from such material.
27) Where applicable, Neothera Saga UK LARP reserves the right to ask any external, authorised photographers or filmmakers producing work derived from our events to include our official watermark on their work, as well as any other additional credit (as agreed by us in advance). Neothera Saga UK LARP shall also be allowed to review all images/footage/recordings before being placed in the public domain to authorise their use. You will be credited for any photographs or video used in official Neothera Saga UK LARP material after the staff have reviewed it.
28) For privacy and safeguarding purposes, only official videographers or photographers may take photographs, film videos, and record audio or livestream at our events. If you take photographs, film video, record audio or livestream without the consent of Neothera Saga UK LARP staff at any of our events (in in-character (IC) or out-of-character (OOC) areas of an event site) you may be asked to leave the event site. If this would result in you or any others accompanying you also having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased will not be issued. If you wish to take photographs, film video, record audio or livestream at any of our events, you must first seek permission from the staff by emailing us, or speaking to the system manager in person when arriving at an event site.
29) Neothera Saga UK LARP reserves the right to alter any pre-planned plot or existing game rules at any time. In the event of such a decision, Neothera Saga UK LARP will attempt to notify people as soon as possible via our social media platforms, or verbally if the change occurs during an event.
30) Animals are not permitted to attend Neothera Saga UK LARP events unless with the prior permission of the staff. If we allow you to bring an animal to an event, you must always clean up after it and be responsible for removing any waste from the site. Please be aware that our events often contain the use of pyrotechnics, strobe lights and music/SFX played at a high volume which may distress some animals. You are ALWAYS responsible for your pet, and if the staff consider it a hazard, nuisance or concern for health and safety, we reserve the right to ask you to remove it from the event site. If this would result in you or any others accompanying you also having to leave the event site, full or partial refunds for any tickets purchased will not be issued.
31) If we have reason to believe you have taken club or other people’s property without the consent of the staff, we reserve the right to carry out a full search of your bags/vehicle before allowing you to leave the event site. Refusal for this search to occur will result in a ban from you attending future events, and the Police may be called if we have reasonable evidence to suggest you have stolen club property.
OFFICIAL COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
All complaints outside of Neothera Saga UK LARP events must be emailed to email@example.com or sent in writing to the postal address listed at the bottom of this page. These complaints can include members of staff, the event site, our running processes, rules and lore, costumes, props, LARP-safe weapons and equipment, website imagery, content and photography, or any other issue not relating to another participant of Neothera Saga UK LARP.
COMPLAINTS MADE DURING AN EVENT
Approach a member of staff in private (where possible). They will listen to your complaint, and if it is something that they feel can be easily resolved on the spot, they will endeavour to do so. If the complaint is more serious, or you or the staff member decides it cannot be dealt with then and there, they will consult the rest of the staff team and decide the best way to resolve the matter. In our ten years of experience in running events, a complaint is usually resolved quickly by the staff having a private chat in person with the individual/s involved.
If a personal complaint is raised that involves someone breaking UK law, we strongly advise you to contact the Police. If the staff feel it is their duty to inform the Police, we will advise you that we are doing so.
COMPLAINTS MADE OUTSIDE OF EVENTS
All official complaints must be emailed to us directly ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). You should NOT raise complaints via private or public messages on social media platforms, this is for safeguarding and privacy reasons (both yours and other individuals (potentially) involved). Complaints emailed to Neothera Saga UK LARP staff are ALWAYS fed back to the rest of the staff team, and we will discuss the issue in private before deciding the best course of action to take. In most cases, this involves the staff chatting (in person or via online voice chat) with the individual/s involved to discuss what has gone wrong and how we can resolve it with as little discomfort to all parties involved as possible.
If the staff feels that the person shows remorse and/or genuinely did not realise they were causing a problem, they will be advised to think more carefully about their actions moving forward. They may also be asked to offer you a full apology where applicable. An official (written or verbal) warning may be issued if the staff feels this is the appropriate outcome. When an individual has accumulated TWO official (written or verbal) warnings, they will no longer be allowed to attend Neothera Saga UK LARP events. In more serious cases, an individual may be banned from attending any of our future events without any previous, official warnings. If an individual is banned from attending any future events, their access to any social media platforms (moderated by the staff) that allow interaction between other Neothera Saga UK LARP participants will also be revoked.
DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS
Each complaint is dealt with on an individual basis and will be approached in a professional manner by the staff. We do not put a timescale on our complaint resolution, although we do try to deal with complaints as quickly and efficiently as we can.
We respect the privacy of all attendees, however, please be aware that it is not always possible to hide your identity if, for example, the person you raised the complaint about is aware of what actions they took against you. Alternatively, there may be no grounds for further action to be taken against an individual if we feel an outcome cannot be reached without putting a name to the complaint.
Raising complaints in public without first speaking to a member of staff is not advisable, this is because you may unknowingly supply an incorrect account of the actions an individual took, or inadvertently affect our complaints procedure and privacy rules, potentially resulting in action being taken against you and (or) the other individual/s involved. Similarly, never raise complaints to other participants who are NOT official staff members. This could result in that person becoming involved in a complaint, which they may not wish to be a part of for their own personal reasons.
All complaints are taken seriously, and regardless of how long a person has been attending Neothera Saga UK LARP events, the same course of action will be followed as listed in our complaint procedure above.