Dear Neotherans,

We have been in contact with the site warden regarding our scheduled event in September, and have received the news that the National Trust will not be opening Caddihoe for large-scale events for the remainder of the year.


We are extremely saddened that we have had to postpone our events that were scheduled to run this year, however in light of the COVID outbreak, we also feel it is the best choice, and in the interest of the safety of all participants, that the games do not run.


We would like to reassure everyone that was planning to attend our games this year that the National Trust has not taken the decision to close the site lightly. We feel also feel that with a game such as ours, social distancing and other measures to reduce transmission would greatly impact on the quality of the events we can run.


Looking to the future, Caddihoe will be open for business as usual in 2021, and we already have three weekends booked to run the games we would have hosted this year. If you have purchased player tickets for any of our games this year which have been postponed, they will be moved to our events in 2021. If you would like to crew any of our games in 2021, please ensure you sign up via the website. Event dates can be found here:


We would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding in these trying times, and we sincerely hope everyone is safe and well. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.


The Neothera Staff Team




Dear Neotherans,


It is with great sadness that we have taken the decision to postpone our upcoming event in June (26th - 28th). This decision comes following government advice on the COVID-19 outbreak, and also because the National Trust (the Caddihoe Scout Campsite owners) will not be re-opening many properties such as the one we use to hold our events for the coming months. We are confident the situation will improve in time, and as such we are moving event fourteen to what would have been event sixteen. This event is planned to run on 25th to 27th September 2020. 


If you have booked a player ticket for our postponed June event, this will automatically be transferred to our September game. If you are unable to attend the September event, you will be given credit for one of our events to be held in 2021. Our 2021 events have already been booked with the site and you can view them on our website. If you were signed up to crew our June event, please consider signing up to crew our September event instead, and please ensure you re-book your crew spaces via the booking form on our website:


Please rest assured that we have not taken the decision to postpone our June event lightly, especially considering the potential risk of transmission to vulnerable or high-risk people that attend our games. We feel it would be irresponsible for us to hold the event considering the official government advice during this outbreak, with the possibility of putting our attendees at unnecessary risk. Furthermore, we are yet to hear when the National Trust is planning to re-open Caddihoe to the public, and therefore we are preparing, in the long run, for the site to remain closed until the government advises them it is safe to re-open.


Our thoughts are with everyone in these trying times and we hope you are all staying safe. We are confident the September event will go ahead as planned, however, as always, we will keep you all updated on further developments as and when we hear more news.


The Neothera Staff Team



10am - 6pm

Monday to Saturday

High Fantasy / Steampunk

Live Action Role Play

LARP / LRP in Exeter Devon UK 

We are a non-profit organisation.

© 2020 Neothera Saga UK LARP